Monday, December 7, 2009

It's now a little chilly outside, time to mix up some Bhang.

Even though I'm usually a very angry guy, I like to chill out to some hot herbal tea once it starts getting nice and nippy outside. Well I've been drying some white clover flower heads and some mint leaves for about a week now. Today, I was thinking, "Hey it's about time to make a little something special." So while I was brainstorming of a good way to flavor my tea, it dawned on me. I remembered an episode of "Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations"(I definitely DON'T hate that show!) where he went to a bhang shop in India like the one in the picture. The little guy whipped up a drink with tons of "herbs" and a milk base.
Well, I had a little "herbal" medicine laying around so I decided to make a version of my own. OMG! Fucking delicious! I remember thinking to myself, "Man, this is gonna be a waste." Worth it. Try it. You'll love it.
Not sure of all measurements so just experiment. I used:
10 dried white clover flowers(picked from my yard)
4 dried mint leaves
2 grams "herb"(crush stems/seeds and add with)
1 gram chamomile(used half a teabag from commercial herbal tea)

When you open the chamomile bag, do it carefully and save bag. Grind ingredients finely then put them back in the teabag. Staple close and make sure string is reattached. Steep in boiling water(enough for 2 good size mugs) for about 20 min.
Pour into mugs evenly then start flavoring. You can choose what you like except for the milk/cream. I used:
2 tsp Brown sugar
1 tsp Regular Sugar
Very small amount of vanilla extract(1/4 tsp per mug)
1/4 cup milk/cream
1 tsp of cocoa per mug(very optional)

It won't get you "fucked up", but it's really relaxing after a long cold day. Have fun kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment